[haiku-development] seeking Intel Atom ValleyView testers

  • From: "Alexander von Gluck IV" <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 13:46:24 +0000

Good morning!

I've been playing with Haiku on the MinnowBoard Max. Once you get passed the
"UEFI Only" issues (merge your branch jessicah! :D) you realize that
intel_extreme doesn't have support for Intel Atom ValleyView GPU's.

I've made some progress on supporting them, however the drivers don't work on
the MinnowBoard Max.

Given how "unique" the MinnowBoard Max is, i'd like to test the ValleyView
drivers on a "normal" x86 system.

Anyone have an Intel machine laying around with the ValleyView chipset? I'm
starting to fear it's only used in x86 tablets which would reduce my ability to
test on boards other than the MinnowBoard Max.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6203/details-on-intels-valleyview-soc-emerge-22nm-atom-with-ivy-bridge-graphics
http://www.techpowerup.com/178189/intel-bay-trail-platform-and-valleyview-atom-soc-detailed.html

-- Alex