[haiku-development] Re: restart app_server

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 22:38:04 +0100

Le 26/12/2011 21:42, Clemens a écrit :

Another problem is that I don't get keyboard and mouse input after a restart. Anybody knows how to make this working again or why it is not working?
My guess would be input_server trying to send the input to the older app_server and not the one just restarted. It's not made for such changes :)

Note :
In the current situations it is sometimes possible to get out of app_server gdb by doing a cont, and get only a single client to crash (if the problem is in a window thread, for example). However, in that case consoled eeps the keyboard input, rendering most of the system useless. I know the way out in that case should be 'quickly save as much work as you can and reboot', but restoring keyboard input may be useful nonetheless :)

--
Adrien.