[haiku-development] Re: r40675 - in haiku/branches/features/package-management: build/jam build/scripts data/system/boot headers/os/storage src/system/boot/loader ...

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 17:32:34 +0100

On 2011-02-26 at 13:25:13 [+0100], Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 19:03, Oliver Tappe wrote:
>
> > To bring this off-topic discussion back to the original point:
> >
> > it would more likely be /boot/home/config/packages/contents/bin
>
> What will be the standard base directories when switching to package-fs?
> Will it be:
>
> /boot/system
> /boot/common/packages/contents
> /boot/common
> /boot/home/config/packages/contents
> /boot/home/config
>
> Or just:
>
> /boot/system
> /boot/common/packages/contents
> /boot/home/config/packages/contents

If 'standard base directories' refers to folders containing 'add-ons',
,'apps', 'bin', ... subfolders, then it'll be this:

/boot/system/packages/contents
/boot/common/packages/contents
/boot/home/config/packages/contents

> If the latter, what directories are left in /boot/home/config? Just
> packages and settings?

In /boot/home/config there is 'be', 'boot', 'cache', 'packages' and
'settings'

> If this is what we end up with, perhaps moving
> them up to /boot/home would not be so bad after all?
>
> But perhaps all five directories will be used so that users have the
> choice of using packages or organizing things by hand, e.g. for
> applications in development?

Yep, I think that makes most sense in /boot/home/config, for development
and for installing old apps and/or add-ons (the ones that aren't available
as hpkg).

cheers,
        Oliver