[haiku-development] Re: openbefs allocation groups

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:31:59 +0100 CET

"Diego ." <eljedi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm trying to implement write spport for linux befs port and I got
> some a
> doubt about allocations groups:
> As they doesn't exist on disk.. how you menage them? One soft struct
> for
> every alloc group on memory ?( may thousands of them? ) or you create
> them
> on the fly? ( and then cache? )

I guess the block allocator source file will help you the most
actually. Basically the allocation groups are mostly a software only
thing, at least beyond their occurence in the block run structure.

You could also use the existing Haiku source as a base, and port that
to FUSE; C++ will make this welcome effort much easier :-)

Bye,
   Axel.