[haiku-development] multiple locations for Keymap.h ?

  • From: Olivier Cortès <olive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:30:14 +0100

Hi,

I recently proposed a patch to fix keyboard build. It modified
`src/add-ons/input_server/devices/keyboard/Keymap.h`.

Trying to fix #3176 myself, I was in need to include this `Keymap.h`
(probably a bad idea for a clean patch, but this will be resolved later) to
get the function just commited in r28797, and I found that there are
multiple `Keymap.h` in the source tree. Notably `src/bin/keymap/Keymap.h`,
which has exactly the same base prototype for `Keymap` class, with more
functions than in `add-ons/input_server/...`. There is quite the same in
`src/preferences/keymap/Keymap.h`.

I don't know which to include from `src/preferences/menu/*`, because none
of them is accessible through a standard `<Keymap.h>`.

This could be a bug, or not. As an Haiku newbie I don't feel authoritative
or legitimate to raise this kind of problem...

Anyway now I'm not using Keymap.h to solve the Menu preferences applet, but
rather things comming from InterfaceDefs.h (interface kit), this seems
cleaner ; but I wanted to know about Keymap.h.

regards,

Olivier