[haiku-development] Re: magic keyboard driver

  • From: SoulHunter <hammation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:06:15 +0100

> 2. b) Imagine someone is doing video editing in Haiku and for this he has
> connected 2 keyboards where he want to completely rewrite the second one for
> the video editing software. We should reserve a range on our list for
> individual rewriting. I suggest 513 till 1024.

> 1025 could be the first index for "official" key code rewriting.

> michael

Excuse me but IMHO this is not a good desing, because I imagine
connecting multi input-devices as practicly the exact principle of
having multi-monitors, we can do display cloning, spanning, allowing
multi seat, binding a virtual desktop to an individual monitor, etc

The point is Haiku can do the same but in the input-server side and
not hardconding two keyboards into one range, this shall be useful for
music editing such as we can have a "regular keyboard" and another
"shortcuts' keyboard" and another "special macros keyboard" and why
not "midi-remapped keyboard", all working together in the same time,
it would be an extermely low-cost killer DAW. Of course other features
would be possible such multi-seat keyboard,
application-reserved-keyboard etc ...

What do you think ?