[haiku-development] Re: less and libpng

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:01:13 +0200

scott mc wrote:
> I just filed ticket 2283 to update less from 382 to 418.  Hope this is
> ok.  I attached the diff file to the ticket that updates all of the
> needed files.  I built 418 on haiku using the source tarball and it built
> inside haiku without any issues and works.  It only updated 2 files,
> define.h and the Makefile, so I emailed those two files to myself and put
> the on my ubuntu build pc's haiku tree and then copied all of the other
> files from a 418 tarball into that same folder and just ran svn up and
> jam and that built without issues as well.  I also made a diff for
> updating libpng and attached it to ticket 2018 yesterday.
> I'll be picking more low hanging fruit in the next few weeks as I figure
> out what I'm doing with these ports.

Thanks for this work. The problem is however that we want to make use of so
called vendor branches. With the method you did (AFAIU), you would
overwrite changes that might have been done for the Haiku version. I have
emailed Jérôme for a HowTo with regards to updating such stuff. I think it
would be beneficial to put that somewhere among our developer docs.

Best regards,
-Stephan