[haiku-development] introducing myself

  • From: romain.haiku@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 19:01:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hello everyboy,

After the few patches I submitted lately, I think it is time for me to
introduce myself. My name is Romain Picard, and I use BeOS since year
2000. I played a little bit with r3 and r4.5 of BeOS but really used it
after r5 was published. Since then I used it as my main
desktop/development os almost all time.

I am working on embedded multimedia systems, and did both driver and
application development:
- pata, dma, ethernet drivers.
- a filesystem dedicated to AV storage.
- a lot of work on dvb and iptv.

I am currently working on dlna products.

Concerning BeOS, some people may have heard of me as I am the author of a
Zeta shareware called "NetLock Monitor".

I wanted to contribute to Haiku since a long time, but never had the
opportunity/time. It is finally the fact that I can't use Zeta on my new
laptop that will help/force me to work on haiku! There are a lot of
subjects that I would like to work on, but free time will dictate what I
will do.

I hope I will contribute more in the - near - future,
Romain.