[haiku-development] Re: how to update compiler?

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:40:31 +0200

Hi,

On 2010-07-09 at 08:10:00 [+0200], Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Stumped by this for some time, I give up and ask for a clue:
>
>    GCC version 2.95.3-haiku-100420 is required!
>    Please download it from www.haiku-os.org...
>
> ... from where, at www.haiku-os.org?  I am probably missing
> some link from the `getting started', `pre-requisite software'
> etc. pages.
>
> I'm trying to build haiku gcc2-hybrid when I get this.

Would be helpful if you mentioned on which host platform you are trying to
build. If my guess is correct and you are building on Linux, you have to
run svn up in your buildtools checkout. Since building GCC modifies checked
out files, I'd even try to revert and modifications there, or do a clean
checkout. Then configure your build again such that it will rebuild GCC.

>  Current
> Haiku (maybe since alpha2) crashes when team->main_thread is 0
> for a team.  Totally repeatable, but I haven't figured out yet why
> team->main_thread is 0.  Presumably "this should not happen!"

This is much too unspecific information to make any meaningful comment.

Best regards,
-Stephan