[haiku-development] Re: haiku bootstrap with launch_daemon

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 22:20:43 +0200

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 09:36:49PM +0200, Jérôme Duval wrote:

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Jérôme Duval <jerome.duval@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
I tried the bootstrap process today: when booting the resulting image,
I got only a launch_daemon instance (with two threads), nothing else,
no error comes up. It's like it's sitting there...

Are the data files for launch_daemon properly copied in?

That was indeed it, I added them in

These lines in build/jam/images/definitions/bootstrap should probably
be converted as a launch_daemon service.

# bootstrap daemon
local bootstrapDaemon = <haiku-image>bootstrap_daemon.py ;
SEARCH on $(bootstrapDaemon) = [ FDirName $(HAIKU_TOP) build scripts ] ;
AddFilesToHaikuImage home config settings boot launch : $(bootstrapDaemon) ;

I suppose that data/launch/system isn't the right place for it though.
Any ideas?

Add a data/launch/bootstrap or data/user_launch/bootstrap for it? There is
already at least one package working that way (LnLauncher), and it
works, so everything needed seems to be in place already.

Of course the file should only be added to the bootstrap image.

--
Adrien.