[haiku-development] Re: [gsoc2012] cpuidle support

  • From: JiSheng Zhang <jszhang3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:46:54 +0800

2012/3/27 Yongcong Du <ycdu.vmcore@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Dear Clemens,
>
> Hmm, Do you mean http://beos.mlotz.ch/documents/cpu_fix.html ?
> But cpuidle doesn't have this problem. However, cpuidle need to handle with
> timer also -- On some platforms, some timers may be shutdown when entering
> deeper idle stage, take my intern job's platform(one arm SoC) for example,
> the local timer per cpu will be shutdown when entering C2 state.  So
> switching to another live timer before entering deeper idle is necessary.
> Dear Jisheng,
> Please correct me if something is wrong.

correct. For the soc's C2 stage, the L2 cache, local timer, and TLB
will be shutdown, core will be put as "inactive", so the broadcast
timer is the fall back.
But please don't cc to my company's email -- something you should
already know...

haiku-development,

Long time no see! I'm absabs, the gsoc2007 student who ported
FreeBSD's firewire stack to haiku. I was Yongcong's conductor during
intern. we talked about the cpuidle topic via email when he asked for
my suggestions about the cpuidle project.