[haiku-development] gcc2.95.3??

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 00:54:23 -0400

I am scratching my head here on this one a bit.

I am getting an error "cast specifies signature type" when I set a pointer
to a member function to NULL on gcc2 built on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, but not
gcc2 build on 10.6 Snow Leopard. That is weird enough but it gets stranger.

I tracked down when in gcc this bug got fixed, apparently it was fixed in
r28677 on Aug 11 20:22:41 1999 UTC (12 years, 9 months ago)

The change log fixing the file generating the error I am getting is here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/trunk/gcc/cp/typeck.c?r1=28626&r2=28677

Now, here is the part that has me scratching my head... I though we were on
gcc 2.95.3 released March 16, 2001. Why am I running into gcc bugs fixed in
1999?

And worse yet, how do I fix this bug in gcc2 now?

Thanks,
John Scipione