[haiku-development] Re: bfs_shell: error "cp -r"

  • From: Jens Arm <Jens.Arm@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:54:16 +0200

Hi Ingo

> The only reason I can imagine is that you haven't built that bfs_shell with
> xattr support and have now moved or deleted your generated directory (or any
> of its parents). That would cause the bfs_shell to fail opening the
> attribute directory of the source path.

The build was done by "jam <build>bfs_shell".
My reiserfs do not have xattr enabled.
How can I enable xattr in bfs_shell?
My test dir /tmp/bfsTest and the bfs-Filesystem was newly generated right
before the mail I wrote.

Yesterday after the build I could copy dirs recursive and normal files.
And today (now) with the same binary I can not copy anything.
I get every time the same error for files and dirs. With "-r" and without.

I have done a new build some minutes before and the same seqence with the same
files as described
in the first mail is working with this new build!
BUT now after using this new build I can copy with the old one, too?!?!

I do not understand this behaviour.

BTW my bfs_shell is linked statically and I use gcc 4.1.2 on the host.

Jens