[haiku-development] Re: Write access to haiku-files.org?

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:24:43 +0000

>> How about a "Sources:" field to the .OptionalPackageDescription, a URL
>> that
>> AboutSystem would link to? I suppose linking to the original source plus
>> (if applicable) the Haiku specific patch would work, too. Or even just to
>> the HaikuPorts portlog page.

Starting just yesterday I created a new directory on haiku-ports.de
called "sources", we can put the original source package that we do a
port from into that branch.
For example: http://www.haiku-ports.de/sources/dev-libs/libxml2/
Adding a new field to the .OPD file sounds like a good idea
(SourceURL?).  Perhaps make it so if the user clicks on the port name
in AboutSystem it opens a browser window to the port log page and we
just add the source links on that page, that way they have access to
the source code, build instructions and any patches needed, that
should cover us right?
-scottmc