[haiku-development] Will haikuports.cross ever go away?

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 23:48:49 -0600

Working on the bootstrap of ppc, package kit needs curl build now
(and that means ssl, root-ca-certificates, etc)

Seems like we are going to be going through a lot of extra trouble
keeping HaikuPorts.cross broken out. (it also appears bootstrap won't work for
any platforms at this point due to the missing curl requirement)

I'm guessing there is a reason for naming bootstrap packages
_bootstrap (to avoid conflicts with non-bootstrap packages?)

However, is there a reason to keep haikuports.cross separate?
I understand there were some reduced dependencies, but in things like icu and
ncurses, it seems like dependencies would be minimal.
--
Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>