[haiku-development] VirtualBox port

  • From: Chris Moore <moochris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:12:10 +0000

Hi,

I've been thinking that it would be very useful to have a VM running on Haiku to remove the need to dual boot into Windows or Linux. VirtualBox seems a good candidate and I've been looking at the prerequisites here:

http://www.virtualbox.de/wiki/Porting_VirtualBox

I can see a lot of these components require a higher version of gcc than the one you're using for binary compatibility, but I understand there's a hybrid compatible gcc4 version of Haiku in the works. I just wondered if anyone has any pointers about any of those components - what's already been ported to BeOS/Haiku and what's outstanding, and how feasible/difficult implementing the kernel component would be for Haiku.

Thanks,
Chris M