[haiku-development] Vector Icons help...?

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:40:30 -0800

OK, I'm lost again... (:-/)

I sort of assumed that as Icon-O-Matic created rdef files, and rdef byte
arrays are used for supplying BeOS-type icon data, that to make the
midi_server supply a vector icon, all I had to do was put the array
from the rdef file into the message that it places in the endpoint
(without the bitmap creation step) and use BIconUtils::GetVectorIcon()
on that data at the other end to get a bitmap.  However, GetVectorIcon
just tells me that the data should be a "flat icon"!  I can find nothing
about converting rdef into flat icon...

(Also, I see that the app icon for the server itself is just in the
rdef source as "resource vector_icon array {...}" and it certainly
looks as if it was created as IOM rdef output.)

Help...?

-- Pete --