[haiku-development] Re: Variety of quit/save dialogs

  • From: pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 09:20:54 +0100

On 2012-12-16 at 03:49:37 [+0100], Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Ingo Weinhold wrote:
> >
> > I don't find "Don't save" that obvious either. "Discard" more clearly
> > indicates that this is a destructive choice. Maybe just make that more
> > verbose: "Discard unsaved data".

> Ok, so I am not the only person who thinks like this, big +1 for discard
> over don't save, less wordy and more concise.

A good compromise would be "Discard changes". But then we'd need "Save
changes", and "Exit application" buttons, for symmetry. That seems natural
: two of the buttons apply to changes, while the third apply to the
application. Explicitly stating it make everything clearer, but it's a bit
verbose.

as long as it doesn't end up looking like Windows 7 copy/replace dialog (
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5512/win7copy.png ), I think I'm fine with
it.

--
Adrien.