[haiku-development] Re: VIm episodes: III. "beos-ansi" -> "beterm" -> "xterm-color" ???

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 22:35:26 +0200

Hi, Ingo,

Ingo Weinhold wrote:
Any more ideas to locate the problem?

Retry running it in gdb and then enter the kernel debugger to get a better
stack trace for the thread.
Bingo! You win! :-D

sc says that it crashed after trying to retrieve the "TERM" environment variable that is not defined in case of starting the application from the Tracker. It is intended behavior that "TERM" is not set in this case?

But the next issue follows immediately: call tgetent() for terminal name "beos-ansi" crashed somewhere inside of that function. I will dig into this tomorrow, but the question about the default terminal name used for Haiku is on. ;-) I checked my Haiku system environment and found that TERM is currently set to "xterm-color" by default. Does it mean that I can safely remove all those references to beos-ansi/beterm terminals out of vim sources? ;-)

Thank you for assistance!

Kind Regards,
  S.Zharski.