[haiku-development] Tarball

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:58:43 +0000

To whoever posted the tarball at ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub today all I can say is THANK YOU!!! After all the problems getting svn to perform this is indeed a useful thing.

Seems as though there's nothing much wrong with basic disk performance after all. The 72Mb tar.bz expands out to about 1.5Gb in a little over 20 minutes. So only certain methods suck, not the whole system.

Had a good few days here. Managed to compile smake, cdrtools, BurnIt Now! and with the sources I have the makings of a CD burning session tonight. I want to get one built to try it on my faster system.

Oh, and to Marcus Overhagen, in case you were wondering why I started babbling about my nVidia card the other day ... well, it was late and I had brain fade. The comment was aimed at Rudolph Cornelisson, of course, wherever he might be lurking.

Rob

---
"All your base are belong to us!"