[haiku-development] Student Participation

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:46:21 -0700

Jos has programming students who are able to help with Haiku.  I am submitting
his forum post to the mailing list.  His post can be found here:
http://www.haiku-os.org/community/forum/student_participation
Contact Jos directly to discuss this further.  His Haiku profile has the
contact info.

Regards, Nick

Jos wrote:
Hi there,

My name is Jos van Weert and I'm a professor/teacher at Avans University at
's-Hertogenbosch in The Netherlands. I work at the department of Informatics.

The next quarter (starting tomorrow) my students have to do a project where
they use C++ in combination with design patterns. The students are in the final
year (4 years) of their study, software engineering (bachelor degree). They are
pretty experienced over all programmers.

What I'm looking for is some interesting projects for 2 groups of students. The
group size is about six students and they have got 8 to 9 weeks to do the job.
They will get support from two teachers with years of experience at C++.
I've had a short IRC-chat with "Elly". He proposed to do an application
programming task instead of diving in really deep, an os-programming task.
Maybe you´ve got some other thoughts.

I know that the community sometimes assigns a mentor to a student. Maybe that´s
also possible this time?
I've been following the BeOS-project for a decade now and I think this is the
time for me to give something back.
I hope to get a reaction.
If you need more information feel free to email me or even call me.See my
profile for my phone number and email address.

With regards,Jos van Weert