[haiku-development] Re: Signals and Slots

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:24:53 -0600

On 2/28/2012 15:56, Pete Goodeve wrote:
It looks as if we could get pretty adequate "Signals and Slots" in Haiku
with no changes to any kits and essentially no effort.  I've been playing
some more with sigslot.h ( http://sigslot.sourceforge.net/ ) and it's looking
pretty capable.

I've been working with my own Sigslot implementation on Haiku for a few years. I'm currently working an asynchronous version and tie-ins for BInvoker objects. Maybe you'd be interested - it certainly wouldn't hurt to have more eyes on the core code:

http://looncraz.txnj.net/sigslot.zip

Newer work has a SigslotHandler and SignalingObject. The handler is a BHandler for async callbacks, and the SignalingObject merely simplifies creation of well... signaling objects... ;-)

--The loon