[haiku-development] Re: Self-Hosting

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:39:20 +0100 CET

> 2007/12/18, Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > 2007/12/18, Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > > As this is already the target (i586-pc-haiku) for gcc4, the
> > > question
> > > would be only for gcc 2.95.
> >
> > Yes, of course. That's the one I'm trying to build for haiku
> > explicitly.
> >

> Or maybe, since this is an old toolchain, we can just stick with the
> i586-pc-beos target ?

The BeOS-built i586-pc-beos binary should work in gcc2-built Haiku (and
gcc4 builds as well except for C++ stuff maybe).
Might require some tweaking on libs (bone...), but it should work.
Some software might not like it saying it's -beos while uname returns
Haiku (some check in configure scripts), but autocrap will have to be
fixed to recognize Haiku anyway... Any volunteer ? I can provide the
aspirin :)

François.