[haiku-development] Re: Removing ported code from the repository, replacing with prebuilt packages (was: [haiku-commits] r35705)

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:27:17 -0700

>> So I take it you tend towards outsourcing mandatory stuff, right?
>
> Yup :-)
>
> Bye,
>   Axel.

In the past few days I have removed tar and vim from the Haiku source
as they can now be added as optional packages.  Tar is now added in as
a Mandatory package, along with sed.  We talked about replacing vim
with nano, so I assume we should also now list nano as a Mandatory
package?  As part of fixing ticket 3345 [0] I'm looking at removing
ncurses as well, and setting it as a mandatory package as well.  Would
this be the preferred solution?
I'm also looking at ftp, I assume we're using tnftp [1]?
-scottmc

[0] http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/3345
[1] http://ports.haiku-files.org/ticket/299