[haiku-development] Re: RFC: Adding a serial console program to Haiku?

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 07:59:08 -0500

On 23.07.2012 20:09, Sean Collins wrote:
François Revol wrote:
- standard hard-wired serial ports

Unless someone fixed it, this driver doesn't work yet with our current
tty manager.

François.

Thats what I was asking about, I didn't think the tty layer was completed for that driver just yet.

Hmm, while the BSerial class in the device kit may not work (I don't know, untested).. I can confirm from experience that the usb_serial driver successfully creates a posix-style device node in /dev/ports/ that you can utilize for communication through the usb serial device. The old BeOS SerialConnect application picks up the usb_serial device and shows it as a device... so it must be looking in /dev/ports/

 -- Alex