[haiku-development] Re: R1/alpha Roadmap

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 10:51:34 -0700

On 10/2/07, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've created an R1/alpha milestone in trac. Please move your tickets
> into that milestone if you think it has to be solved before the alpha
> release.

Thanks for publishing this and setting up a milestone in Trac - it
definitely helps identify what we can expect from an alpha, and gives
people a rough idea of when to expect it :)

> We have identified the following requirements of an alpha release:
> * self-hosting (ie. the ability to check out Haiku and build it in
> Haiku): requires a stable kernel, VM, and networking stack, as well as
> an adapted build environment

Is there a more detailed list of tasks associated with these items? It
would be extremely helpful to anyone who may wish to pitch in and help
if they knew what some of the details were.

> * a bit of polishing to the overall experience to let it appear a bit
> rounder

I'm going to assume this is mostly Stippi's area ;)

> * clarifying all licensing issues, ie. which notes we have to add to
> "AboutSystem", etc.

Someone was starting a project to do this - wasn't it Matt Madia?

> * identify problematic drivers, and either fix them, or temporarily
> remove them from the image

Would this include finishing USB-OHCI support? Or maybe that's on the
roadmap for Beta release?