[haiku-development] Question about system updates.

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 11:00:03 -0300

I am just wondering: Does the package management stuff supports updates of
Haiku.hpkg? How exactly would it work?

While we are at it, wouldn't it be better if Haiku.hpkg was some meta
package and the individual components inside isso were actual individual
packages (for example, specific drivers, specific programs, etc)? i
understand that thsi would probably have an impact on performance but,
OTOH, it looks like it would make updates on a specific component not
require a complete system update.

Note that I may be missing completelly the point of how it is supposed to
work. if that is the case, please let me know. :)