[haiku-development] Re: Partition table troubles

  • From: Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:57:45 +0100

On 2011-03-23 at 11:37:27 [+0100], Sean Healy <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Recently had to reinstall Windows XP, which of course messed up my boot
> sequence. Once i had everything back in place, however, Haiku won't
> boot. The Haiku bootloader is still there, but it can't find my Haiku
> partition. I can boot into the nightly via vmware.

If there was any repartitioning of the disk you also need to reinstall the
Haiku BootManager. (It likely only stores offsets into disk to the start
sectors of the partitions that were present at the time of it being
installed, and doesn't know about the partition table having changed.)

Any BIOS setting related to disk addressing changed?

/Jonas