[haiku-development] Re: Package buildbots

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 11:56:40 +0200

Am 19.10.2016 um 10:44 schrieb Art H.:

- Hard disk in Hyper-V is using IDE controller. FWIW, my haiku
buildslave (Linux VM) is also on an IDE controller, without this issue.

IDE is definitely not the first choice with Haiku; ever since we switched from our IDE drivers to our ATA drivers, we have some compatibility issues -- the ATA drivers usually run without problems, but there is hardware out there that doesn't like what it does. The IDE drivers pretty much ran everywhere.

But anyway, the most common candidate for hardware issues is IRQ issues.

It would be interesting to see which devices share an interrupt line, and how many unhandled interrupts there are. This currently requires access to KDL, though, IIRC.

Bye,
   Axel.