[haiku-development] Re: PPC: kernel elf load debugging.

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 01:20:03 -0400

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Alexander von Gluck
<kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> wait a minute... why the heck is elf_load_image defined twice in
> haiku/src/system/boot/loader/elf.cpp ?
>
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/system/boot/loader/elf.cpp#L206
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/system/boot/loader/elf.cpp#L391
>
> That looks like a fairly large oops to me, as it is code that effects all
> platforms I won't be touching it :)

The one at line 391 takes a Directory* and const char* parameters and
after some processing delegates to the other one at line 206 which
takes an int and preloaded_image* parameters. Since it is C++ you can
have multiple functions with the same name but different parameters
(function overloading.)

--
Regards,
Ryan