[haiku-development] Re: POSIX error code

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:21:56 +0200 CEST

Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I would be more careful with the term "POSIX compliant". Haiku is
> still
> quite a bit away, and BeOS was worse.

But we do want to be as POSIX compatible as possible. And technically,
this is all that is keeping us from being really compliant --
unimplemented functions or not, this is a real show stopper.

> Anyway, it certainly doesn't harm to try, but I have little hope that
> this
> will have any effect. If the standard maintainers consider the
> request,
> they are in a dilemma. Undoing the Issue 6 error codes change means
> that
> all the applications that relied on it would become non-conforming.

I know. Maybe they can deprecate it again. So it would be kinda
conforming, but we still have a better position when placing
appropriate patches.

Bye,
   Axel.