[haiku-development] Re: PM proposal: moving home/config/apps

  • From: Julian Harnath <julian.harnath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 20:43:46 +0200

Julian Harnath <julian.harnath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

> Comments, thoughts on this?

I thought about this some more and had another idea.

Since we have these virtual folders now, used for the Deskbar menus,
why not bring back /boot/apps?

/boot/apps could be a virtual folder, showing the contents of
/boot/system/apps and /boot/home/config/apps. All the applications would
then be conveniently accessible in a single obvious place. And since
it's virtual, a user would always only see the system-wide and their
own applications, not those from other users.
One could even go further and also show the contents of the non-
packaged app-folders in it as well.

Thoughts on this? I would be interested in going ahead and create a
patch for it to see how it is in actual use. However, if everyone agrees
that it's a bad idea, that would be a waste ;)

--
So long, jua