[haiku-development] OpenSound with BSD license

  • From: kamikazow@xxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:40:39 +0100

Hi.
While browsing the Haiku source code a bit, I saw that the OSS media add-on does not reflect the OSS license change that happened a few weeks ago. <http://www.opensound.com/press/2008/oss-bsd.txt>

"src/add-ons/media/media-add-ons/opensound/OpenSound_README.txt" says:
"Released under GPL."

I was very suprised to see this. First, I thought that the "non-viral" CDDL sources were used earlier and second I thought that after 4Front released OSS under a Haiku-friendly BSD license, it would be adopted immediately. Was this license change just overlooked or is there another reason for still using the GPLed sources?

Markus