[haiku-development] Re: Nightly builds

  • From: Isak Andersson <IcePapih@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 02:16:13 +0100

>How about just a quarterly release of the nightly. I mean, alpha 4 is
>pretty much "minus a few small changes" a nightly image afaict at the
>moment. It also gives the outward appearance of forward progress, which
>
>is actually occurring in reality, but largely goes unnoticed.
>

>Sean

Well, we will probably not have nightlies anymore soon because package
management is in the workings, so we'll be able to update the system inside the
OS.

That being said though, even if you won't need to reinstall the OS we should
still release beta snapshots every now and then to show off that there's
progress being made.

Cheers!

-- Isak Andersson