[haiku-development] Re: Newbie programmer, want to help

  • From: Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 03:52:04 -0800

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Nicholas Otley <nicholasotley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> May I suggest the book "Accelerated C++"
>
> There is no better book to learn C++ Application development skills IMNSHO.
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Accelerated-Practical-Programming-Example-Depth/dp/020170353X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267826316&sr=8-1
>
> http://www.acceleratedcpp.com/

I learned from Stanley Lippman's C++ Primer after having tried and
failed with several other books.  I recommend it highly.  I read an
earlier edition but I would expect the current one to be just as good.

   http://www.accu.informika.ru/accu/bookreviews/public/reviews/cp/cp001565.htm

The third edition has added Josee Lajoie as a coauthor.

I can't comment on Accellerated C++, as I don't think it was published
yet when I first learned the language.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford