[haiku-development] Re: Making "expand applications" the default DeskBar mode

  • From: John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 23:14:11 -0400

On Friday, May 8, 2015, kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2015-05-08 17:31, Jim Saxton wrote:

In my opinion, the Deskbar is the way it should be. Hacing the
expander arrow is visual clutter, and having the applications always
expand is misuse of screen space. making the icons larger is also
misues of space. Leave it alone!

+1.

ActivityMonitor goes from "ActivityMonitor" to "Activ...itor" adding
the expander by default.

An easy way to fix this would be to make the Deskbar a little wider. Even
better would be to make the Deskbar width expandable but that is harder.
Making Deskbar wider *should* be simple if I've done my job right.