[haiku-development] Lock/Thread private includes problem

  • From: Julian Harnath <julian.harnath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 23:16:08 +0200

Hello!

I finally found time to work again on the priority inheritance patch.
Now I have a little problem with the Haiku private include files...

In lock.h I need a definition from thread.h, so I want to include it
there -- however, that does not work.
Reproducing the problem is very simple, just open
header/private/kernel/lock.h, insert "#include <thread.h>" in it and try
to compile the kernel. It results in a big number of compiler errors.

I already tried to debug it by looking at preprocessor output (which
confuses me because the order of included files in the preprocessed
output is not how I expect it), adding other includes and changing
include orders, etc... *some* of the errors can be solved that way
(although it shouldn't depend on order or other includes anyway), but
so far nothing helped and I couldn't find out what actually causes the
problem. Can anybody help?

Greetings,
Julian