[haiku-development] Locale Kit API Change [was: Coding Guidelines need update for localization]

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.w.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 06:58:06 +0200

Am 22.10.2010 um 04:13 schrieb Alex Wilson:

> Maybe there is something I'm missing here, but why not define a new
> macro like so:
>
> B_TRANSLATABLE_STRING(keyValue, string)

Is there a consensus that this change should be made?

There would be the following tasks:
- add B_TRANSLATABLE_STRING and variants to Locale Kit
  (e.g. map B_TRANSLATE(string) to B_TRANSLATE_STRING(string, string)
- update the locale build tool
- update HTA to show additionally to keyValue the string from an available
translation
- optionally in HTA: provide an indicator if the default English text has
changed that translations might need to be updated

I guess Adrien can veto because he is likely the one to implement it :)

Bye,
Michael