[haiku-development] Re: Layout problems

  • From: Sean Healy <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 19:48:08 +0200

Stephan Assmus wrote:

Before I look at the rest of the code more closely, you are mixing old style and layout style when you create a GroupView() with the rect parameter.

I thought that only applied to the child controls; that parent controls could still be laid out manually in their own containing control (the "grandparent"), but that child controls needed to be all or none with regards to layout.

Basically, if there's more than one group, each GroupView is put into a TabView (a custom class also defined in the file in question), and that TabView is returned to the caller (i.e., the Media preflet). Otherwise, just the single GroupView is returned. But the GroupViews are not themselves controlled or resized by the layout system.

... looking closer at the rest of the code you posted now.

Thanks.