[haiku-development] Re: Kernel APM function access?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 11:04:19 +0100 CET

kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was just wondering, is
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/src/system/kernel/arch/x86/apm.cpp
> > being compiled into the pre-alpha kernel?

Yes it is, you'll just have to specifically enable it via the kernel
settings file, since it's not stable on all machines yet.

> I have not been able to access quite a few apm functions while
> compiling
> some APM laptop battery stuff.

Have a look at the PowerStatus application in the src/apps/ folder (not
part of the image because of the above) to see how to use the APM
interface from an application.
It probably does what you want to achieve, anyway, so you might want to
improve upon it directly :-)

Bye,
   Axel.