[haiku-development] Re: Jamming in debugging info?

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:54:59 -0500

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 8:20 PM, <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I do see that one can set CCFLAGS and so on -- is that actually where
> I should do it?

No. What he meant is this, from UserBuildConfig.ReadMe line 37 :

SetConfigVar DEBUG : HAIKU_TOP src system boot loader : 1 : global ;

In your particular case, this would be HAIKU_TOP src add-ons kernel
drivers midi usb_midi : 1 : global ;

That tells the build system to build only the targets in that
subdirectory with debugging enabled.

> addresses at all.  (It's a vm_page_fault, incidentally, which seems a
> bit odd in code that should be entirely kernel space.)

Not unusual at all, kernel space is the only place that particular
panic can happen, since if a userland app accesses an invalid address
like this, it will just trigger a SIGSEGV and be terminated. Bear in
mind once the MMU is enabled during boot, it stays on, regardless of
whether you're in userspace or the kernel, which is also important
since at least parts of the kernel are also pageable. The kernel
simply has a different set of page mappings.

Regards,

Rene