[haiku-development] Re: Image icons for images in Tracker

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 10:33:33 +0100

Am 02.03.2012 10:24, schrieb Gabriel Harrison:
    Didnt' the Tracker.NewFS implement this as well ?

Don't know what that is, but I do know I am running a nightly from maybe
7 days ago and it still is not implemented. What is the Tracker.NewFS?

It was an alternative version of Tracker. The changes in Tracker to support scaled icons is based on it. But the NewFS branch also contained rewritten file operation routines. They came with error or warning messages that were a little too verbose. And (at least at the time) the maintainers didn't want to integrate the code because it didn't follow all Tracker coding rules (use of exceptions?, don't remember).

Best regards,
-Stephan