[haiku-development] How do Haiku developers achieve to compile and install fast ?

  • From: Sylvain Kerjean <sylvain_kerjean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 08:32:08 +0000

Hi everybody,

I was wondering what are the ways people develop on the core of haiku.
I have a separate partition dedicated to haiku source code and compilation.
But to compile a whole Haiku version and to put it on a usb key to reinstall on
top of my existing system partition is such a pain.
So how do people who achieve intensive development ?
Do they use virtual machines to speed up the compile/install process ?
Or do they use PackageManager to update their system with their own compiled
version to test new features on real hardwares ?

Cause i want to get rid of the "did not find boot partitions" error at boot
time, which seems related to ACPI delays, but i don't want to burst my laptop
too !

Thanks.

Sylvain "Anarchos" Kerjean