[haiku-development] Re: Hardware cursor help needed, radeon_hd or VESA or both

  • From: Alexander von Gluck IV <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:54:28 -0600

On 2012-11-25 10:58 pm, looncraz wrote:
I have put in a little work looking at hardware cursor support and
may well have it working - if only I had a driver capable of letting
me test it ;-)

The radeon_hd driver seems to work perfectly well on my Radeon 6870,
so adding hardware cursor support using the original accelerant method (set_cursor_shape) would be helpful, but we also need to expand with a
new hook to support bitmap cursors.

I'm neck-deep in Gallium at the moment.
If someone wants to give RadeonHD a whirl.. feel free.

Otherwise it may be a while until I have the time.
http://www.x.org/docs/AMD/?C=M;O=A

How Linux does it:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=blob;f=drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_cursor.c;h=0fe56c9f64bd006788af30a3543efacf32ccf84c;hb=9489e9dcae718d5fde988e4a684a0f55b5f94d17

It looks like you don't even have to go through AtomBIOS to wrangle the cursor.

 -- Alex