[haiku-development] Re: Hardware cursor TEST patch

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 15:15:29 -0800

On 12/3/2012 2:59 PM, looncraz wrote:
With that patch the app_server crashes in
AccelerantHWInterface::SetCursor() on startup here.

Regards,

Rene

Odd... works fine here... can you give me a backtrace?  (type bt in gdb).

--The loon

Never mind, I think I found it...

AccelerantHWInterface::SetCursor(ServerCursor* cursor)

    if (cursor->CursorData() == NULL || fAccSetCursorBitmap != NULL) {

The test shouldn't care one bit about the CursorData(), remove the first test... it should simply be:
    if (fAccSetCursorBitmap != NULL) {

It's trying to make a call into fAccSetCursorBitmap when it is in fact NULL... I missed it because I tried it on real hardware with fAccSetCursorBitmap actually present.

I'll post a different patch up here:

http://files.looncraz.net/HWCursor-Update-2.patch

Thanks for testing!

--The loon