[haiku-development] Haiku is picked as one of 10 mentoring org for Google Code-In 2013

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 09:44:54 -0700

Today Google announced that Haiku would be one of the ten mentoring
organizations for Google Code-In 2013 [0].
This will be Haiku's fourth year in the Google Code-In.  The contest starts
on November 18th and is for pre-university 13-17 year olds.
The Haiku GCI mentors already have rough drafts for 200+ tasks for this
year's contest.  We'll be busy over the next 2 and a half weeks getting the
tasks setup in melange for the flood of students many of whom will be
seeing Haiku for the first time.  If you are interested in being a mentor
for Haiku this year please contact me off-list.
Thanks go out to Google for giving us this opportunity again and to the
Haiku GCI mentors for helping to put together a nice opening set of tasks.
Also please welcome all of the new students who'll probably be flooding the
IRC channel anytime now.
-scottmc

[0]
http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2013/11/mentoring-organizations-for-google-code.html