[haiku-development] Haiku development: getting involved

  • From: Vladimir Kovalev <maverik.mail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 23:36:56 +0400

Hi all.

My name is Vladimir Kovalev, I'm from Russia (Moscow). I'm a professional
C/C++ developer with 5+ years of experience. I have a bachelor's degree at
Applied maths and computer science and master's degree (Moscow State
University) also at Applied Maths and Computer Science.

With deep knowledge of C/C++ (including new C++11 standard), STL, Boost and
other libraries I want to help the haiku community to develop Haiku OS.

Mostly I write system software, networking software and services (including
high-load projects). I also have experience in writing device drivers and
kernel modules for Linux OS and in many other fields (GUI with GTK, Qt,
wxWidgets), multimedia and cryptography libraries, system software written
in assembly language (intel and at&t syntax) and so on.

I've already familiarized with haiku source code and build system (under
Fedora Linux, unfortunately without xattr support because of my ext4
partitions). So I'm opened to any suggestions about what tasks can I
perform. I've already viewed the list of 'easy' tasks, but it seems to be a
little bit outdated and consists of 'fonts and apps' tasks, which is
something not I've looking for. So can anyone kindly suggest me a list of
tasks to start from, not too difficult and not too easy at the same time.
Or a place where I can find them. I just don't know whether I can take
_any_ task from bug-tracker.

Should you have any questions, please contact me.
Thanks in advance.
--
Vladimir