[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Gallium3D / Mesa Hardware Rendering

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 08:50:31 -0500

On 28.07.2012 02:42, X512 wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:35:33 +1200, Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
DRI2 is a xserver module
Does it mean that this module is Linux specific?

Supposedly DRI2 is platform-independent from what the XOrg guys have told me... then again they may be just reciting what they have been told. (in the scope of X11)

http://dri.sourceforge.net/doc/DRIbeginner.html
  Written for DRI (not DRI2) but should be generic enough to not matter)

http://www.bitwiz.org.uk/s/how-dri-and-drm-work.html

I know the previous DRI/DRM work done did include DRM code into the Haiku tree:
http://svn.haiku-os.org/oldhaiku/haiku/branches/components/gallium3d/src/libs/drm/
http://svn.haiku-os.org/oldhaiku/haiku/branches/components/gallium3d/src/add-ons/opengl/softpipe/

The *big* issue I can see from this code though is that it is pretty much 1:1 file copies of a lot of Xorg stuff (which means it looks crappy in our tree and uses x11-isms) (most of the beefy Haiku code is #if 0'ed out as well with implement comments)

 -- Alex