[haiku-development] Re: Haiku Coding Guidelines Issues

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 20:49:45 +0200

Hi Ryan

> Here are quite a few things I am wondering about in regards to the
> coding guidelines:

We had this topic once in the Admin Team but the discussion on it
somehow died out because we didn't agree on whether to use "collapsed"
style with the member names directly after the types or "column" style
with each the types and the member names aligned on their own column. I
personally prefer the column style, but I'd be ok with saying that
there are simply two allowed ways to style a header.

Anyway, my suggestion for a well defined header still stands and you
can download the file at http://haiku.mlotz.ch/TheClass.h (please
download and view in an editor set to 4 spaces per tab). It's a sample
header including all the elements I could think of. Something similar
could be done with a sample cpp that could define the class.

Regards
Michael