[haiku-development] HAIKU OS idears

  • From: Ralf Schülke <ralf.schuelke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 18:21:23 +0100

Hallo Developers,
i found time and go a head. I ask me a long time what make Haiku better then
other ?
i cant found a answer, all OS works more or less (win, mac, Linux and co),
but i like, love BeOS and this points is what is haiku for me:
- the idea for a good OS
- fast and clear
- modular
- technological
- free from old dependencies
- expandable
- ...

So i looking on haiku OS, and i miss something and i see something.

What is nice :-) (oh my bad bad English , sorry :-) )
- multi language is on the way
- wifi is on the way
- nice vector icons and GUI
- UI layout managements
- stack&tile is on the way
- usable
- speed
- ...

What i missed / wish
- looking forward ( no r5 compatibility) = gcc4 (ore clang)
- G3
- API quality management
- codex/ decoders
- midi file out of the box
- more new technological
- more people (designer / tester/ developers/ students/  ... )

some ideas are too:
- new KITs:
-- OpneCL, OpenAL, ... => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khronos_Group
- multi user
- touch mode ready (ApplicationKIT & InterfaceKIT stuffs, multi touch
device)
- ...

so make you a new revolution :-)
BIG BIG BIG thanks on all People the help and make HAIKU OS

Ralf Schülke aka stargater (yes I am a little back ;-) )